Before Innobo stepped in I used to spend about 5 hours a week, 1 hour every day just preparing and cleaning this courier manifest file. Now I just take 2 minutes a day just to review and make sure everything’s right… and it is!
We processed an average of 150 Warehouse Receipts a week through this file, but this report makes it easy because it is fast, easy to handle, organized, and efficient.
The client required a consolidated file with a specific structure, with which he notifies the agent at the destination about the packages that will fly in a specific shipment.To build this file properly it took two things working properly:
1) A view in the List of Warehouse Receipts that allows extracting the necessary information to excel in a homogeneous and consistent way.
2) A macro that converts this extracted information into the final file that the client needs.
These were some of the challenges:
- Multiple conditions depending on multiple shippers.
- Empty addresses.
- Reference numbers located in different fields.
- Client validation in the database.
- Excel output file with odd structure.
Get a one-hour FREE consultation.
- View creation for exporting a consistent file.
- Validating the length of the tracking # versus the WR # and picking either one according to it.
- Validating if the shipper had an address, else adding a fixed one.
- Extracting consignee’s the RUT (ID number) from either the address or the entity ID field according to the scenario.
- Extracting ONLY the Airfreight income from each WR.
- Formating the excel macro output file as requested by the destination agent.
- Enumeration each row.
- Adding input fields for HAWB, MAWB, and flight numbers.
- Designing a menu in the excel file for several functions.
Everything we do as an accounting consulting firm is seeking efficiency for your business.
Every single area in your company has a direct impact on your books and that’s why we help you align them all.
Empower Your Inbox
Join hundreds who trust us for the latest insights and exclusive content.